How to Create and Track Orders and Invoices
Orders provide a way to manage your entire order process in one place. You can track orders, create new Square invoices, send invoices and receipts in a text, and manage shipping status all from Shout.
The Order tracking feature includes a Square Invoice integration which allows Shout to connect to your Square account in order to:
- Sync your Square customers with Shout
- Create new Square invoices right from Shout
- Automatically send Square invoice links to customers via text
- Track the status of each order linked to a Square invoice automatically marking orders as Invoiced when a Square invoice is created on Square, and Paid once the customer pays the invoice on Square
This feature gets you paid faster, saves time with everything in one place, and enables better follow ups.
Orders must be created and managed on your desktop or tablet. Mobile coming soon.
Two Ways to Add Orders
Create a New Order for Tracking
- Click Contacts in the left navigation
- Select your customer
- In the contact profile sidebar, under Orders click New Order
- Select Square Invoice or Manual Order
- Fill in the contact and order details
- Click Create Order
- Square invoices are sent automatically via text when you create a new invoice. Look in your Settings in the left navigation to control automatic sending and default text. For more details on invoicing, go here.
- Manual orders give you complete control of the order process. Input invoice line items, total cost, and payment links from third-party systems like PayPal. For more details on invoicing, go here.
View and Sort Orders
View all orders by clicking orders on the left navigation.
Here you can:
- View open and closed orders for all contacts
- Sort orders by total price, order date, and status
- View and update individual order statuses
- View order details by clicking on an individual order
- Order history is automatically saved to your customer profile. View the contact profile sidebar anywhere in Shout, including the inbox, contacts tab, or group list
- Send a text notification to remind a contact of unpaid invoices by clicking ••• and selecting Notify Contact to Pay
- If orders were sent with Square, click ••• to Show or Edit the invoice in Square