How to Create Recurring Events
What are Recurring Events?
Recurring events allow you to send messages, run bots, or start a drip campaign on a schedule you set – daily, weekly, monthly, or custom. This feature is great for things like weekly check-ins with your team, an invitation to a weekly webinar or training, a reminder for customers to take advantage of a recurring monthly promotion, and more.
Set up a Recurring Event
Recurring events can only be created on desktop and tablets.
Step 1: Create a Recurring Event
- Click on Scheduled in the left navigation
- Click on Recurring Events
- At the top of the screen click New Recurring Event
- Name your recurring event – this will only be visible to you and those you share your bot with so pick a name that will help you remember what it does and how to use it.
Step 2: Select Action
Choose the action that you’d like to repeat. There are three to choose from:
- Send a message
- Run a bot
- Run drip campaign
Use the message composer to write your recurring message, or select a bot or drip from the dropdown menus.
Step 3: Select Service
Decide which services you want your messages to send from. Services include:
- Shout-to-Shout (S2S)
- Customer Service number
- Marketing number
- To run a bot or drip campaign, the service you select in your recurring event must be enabled on your bot or drip too.
- Shout can automatically use S2S messaging for your Shout contacts and text services for everyone else – saving you message segments.
Step 4: Set Your Schedule/Frequency
Choose the time of day for the action. There are five options for scheduling:
- Daily – every day or alternating days
- Weekly – by certain days each week
- Monthly – by day of the month or day of the week
- Yearly – the same date each year
- Custom – specific dates and times
Set how many times the action will repeat:
- Forever – until you manually remove it
- Specific Date – until the date set
- After ‘n’ Times – until the action has run a set number of times
- Assign Groups or Contacts to receive the messages
Move individual contacts in and out of groups to make your automated messages easy to manage. For example, create a “weekly encouragement” group that gets a weekly message designed to keep them motivated.
Step 5: Click Save
- Delete recurring events by clicking ••• and selecting Delete
- Assign contacts or groups to a recurring event by clicking •••
- Use bot actions to assign contacts to a recurring event automatically