How to Use Group Chat (Mobile)
Stay on top of Group Chats on the go by using the Shout mobile app!
Create a New Group Chat
- Click the plus sign button in the middle of the screen
- Select New Group Chat
- Add a Chat Name, Description, and Cover Photo
- Edit Chat Permissions
- Add members
Members can be added manually from your existing S2S contacts, or they can be invited to join by sharing a Group Chat link.
From the Conversation tab, you can:
- Send S2S and voice messages to all group chat members
- Schedule messages to send at a future date and time
- Send images and links to all group chat members
From the Info tab, you can:
- Leave, Pin, Mute, and Invite
- Edit/View chat Description
- Invite members via Group chat link
- Change Inbox Channel
- Edit Group Chat Settings
From the Notes tab, only admins can add or edit notes that every member of the Group Chat can see. Format your notes to your hearts content with a full text editor, including titles, links, checklists, and more.
From the Members tab, you can:
- Click Add to add members either manually or via invite link
- Remove existing members
- Edit the Admins of the Group Chat
View and upcoming scheduled messages you have sending to the Group from the Scheduled tab.
What does it look like getting invited to a Group Chat?
After clicking on a Group Chat Link to join, you will be prompted to either create a free Shout account, or sign into your existing one.
You will be told that the admin of the Group Chat would like to connect with you, and from there you can select Yes or No.