How to Create and Use Inbox Channels
Channels are a great way to organize all your incoming messages into folders. This ensures, for example, all your customer communication goes to one channel and team communication goes to another.
Your Shout account automatically comes with two channels – Customer and Team.
Create a Channel
- Click the black arrow at the top right of the screen to show a drop down menu
- Click Settings
- Click on Channels
- Click the blue + button at the top left of the screen
- Name your channel
- Click Create Channel
Your new channel will appear under the inbox on the left side navigation.
Assign Contacts to a Channel
- Click on People in the left navigation to show a drop down menu
- Select Contacts
- Select a contact name to open the Contact Profile
- In the Details section, next to Inbox Channel hit Select
- You can also assign contacts to a channel directly from the inbox using the Contact Profile while writing a message.
- Contacts can be in unlimited groups, but they can only be in one channel.
- Contacts can be assigned a new channel at any time.
- Bots can also assign a contact to a channel, helping you categorize contacts based on how they interact with you.
View Messages in Channels
Your channels will appear in a dropdown menu of the inbox above all conversations. They will look and function the same as the general inbox. All messages can still be viewed together from the main inbox.